ooo-la-la!!!! Crockpot, oh how I love thee! This recipe is a winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! I put the if you use your own or fresh measurements or if you buy organic in a can measurements, I like to do fresh when I can, but let’s be real; it ain’t always happenin’!
- 4lg or 5sm Chicken Breasts
- 8 T Taco Seasoning, divided in half (or 2 packets if you don’t want to make your own)
- 1/2 c green chilis (8 oz can)
- 2 c diced tomatoes with juices (15 oz can, not drained)
- 2 c corn (15 oz can, drained)
- 2 c cooked black beans, drained (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 c cooked pinto beans, drained (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 c cooked kidney beans, drained (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- Whole Wheat Tortillas (or tortillas of your choice)
Place chicken along the bottom of your crock pot, sprinkle 4 T of the Taco Seasoning over the chicken, continue layering with rest of the ingredients in the order listed, ending with sprinkling the second 4 T of Taco Seasoning over the top. Cover and let cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Stir, shredding chicken as you do, serve with tortillas (we use whole wheat ones with this, yum). Add guacamole, sour cream etc for extra yum!