This recipe is made by layering two different mixtures. The Chicken Mixture and the Baking Mixture is how I will refer to them.
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast meat, cut into bite size pieces (I use free-range or organic if FR isn’t available)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 c chicken broth (I use Pacific Organic Free Range)
- 1 c frozen peas and carrots or mixed veggies
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/8 t turmeric
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese (I use raw cheddar)
- 1/2 c Quick Mix Baking Mix
- 1/2 c milk (I use almond or raw dairy)
- 2 eggs (I use free-range)
Preheat oven to 375º F. Butter or line 12 regular muffin cups. Fry up chicken in the oil until cooked through. Add onion and chicken broth, simmer for a few minutes. Add frozen vegetables and seasonings. heat until all ingredients are thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Cool for about 5 minutes, then stir in cheese. This is your chicken mixture.
In a mixing bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients together until blended. Scoop a Tablespoon of your Baking Mixture into each muffin cup. Add 1/4 cup Chicken Mixture to each muffin cup. Top off each cup with another Tablespoon of your Baking Mixture.
Bake at 375º for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5-15 minutes, then serve.